Myrtle Beach S.C. Weather
Best times to visit Myrtle Beach
The best time to visit Myrtle Beach is in the summer months from June to August. They have the most activities, stores are all open, restaurants are booming and it’s prime weather. Average temperatures are in the 80’s. If you’re looking for sun but with cooler weather, spring temperatures are from the high 60s to the 80s. Average fall and winter temperatures are from the lower 50s to the mid 30s plus there are far fewer crowds for the snowbirds to visit from the north.
|High Â°F||Low Â°F||High Â°C||Low Â°C|
March-May This season is pretty pleasant with warm temperatures and lower humidity. Some businesses will close down for this off peak season.
June-August The beach can get a bit crowded at this time of year, but this is the best time to experience a typical American-style vacation. The area has prime weather and the attractions are all open and ready for visitors. There’s also a big festival calendar this time of year.
September-October Temperatures dip a little, so the crowds thin out. But there are still a good amount of restaurant, festivals, shopping and activities to enjoy.
November-February This is the time some restaurants and shops have closed for the season but there is still many many places to eat. Great time to enjoy eating with the locals. Sows, dinner, and shopping are all discounted this time of year.
Annual Weather Statistical Averages
|# of days with High over 90 degrees||46|
|Days with measurable rainfall||72|
|Average air temperature||64Â°|
|Average water temperature||67Â°|
|Average 1 p.m. relative humidity||57%|
|Avg. sunny days/mo. (summer)||18|
|Avg. sunny days/mo. (winter)||15|
|Wettest months||July & Aug.|
|Driest months||Oct. & Nov.|
|Hottest day (105Â°)||Aug. 22, 1983|
|Coldest day (4Â°)||Jan. 21,1985|
Average Water & Air Temperatures for Myrtle Beach, SC
Myrtle Beach News
- 26 Nov 2019Myrtle Beach Thanksgiving 2019Looking for a Thanksgiving meal that is served to...
- 11 Oct 2019Myrtle Beach HalloweenMyrtle Beach Halloween 2018 Events There is lots t...
- 15 Sep 2019What to Pack for your Myrtle Beach VacationWhat To Pack For Your Myrtle Beach Vacation What t...
- 21 Aug 2019Myrtle Beach Medical and DentalListed below are local Myrtle Beach Medical and De...
- 01 Jul 2019Myrtle Beach History of DowntownMyrtle Beach History Of Boardwalk & Pavilion M...
- 15 Apr 2019Myrtle Beach EasterMyrtle Beach Easter Worship & Sunrise Services...
- 12 Mar 2019St Patrick’s Day Myrtle BeachSt Patrick’s Day North Myrtle Beach St Patr...
- 11 Feb 2019Marine Life Myrtle BeachMarine Life Found On The Grand Strand Marine Life...
- 10 Jan 2019Marsh Walk, Murrell’s InletThe Marsh Walk, Murrell’s Inlet, South Carol...
- 06 Dec 2018Myrtle Beach New Year’s EveMyrtle Beach New Year’s Eve 2018/2019 Myrtle...
- 02 Dec 2018Kingston Plantation Conferences and MeetingsKingston Plantation Conferences, Meetings & Co...
- 24 Nov 2018Lucy Buffett LuLu’sLucy Buffett Grand Opening of LuLu’s June 9,...
- 08 Aug 2018Alligator AdventureAlligator Adventure – Myrtle Beach, S.C. All...
- 18 Jul 2018South Hampton Kingston PlantationSouth Hampton Kingston Plantation | Oceanfront Res...
- 19 Jun 2018Riptydz Myrtle BeachRiptydz Oceanfront Grill and Rooftop Bar RipTydz O...
- 01 May 2018Barefoot Landing Myrtle BeachBarefoot Landing in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Barefoot La...
- 01 Apr 2018Myrtle Beach ActivitiesMyrtle Beach Activities For The Whole Family...
- 01 Mar 2018Myrtle Beach Facts |TriviaMyrtle Beach Facts Trivia & History “Myr...
- 01 Feb 2018The Market Common | Myrtle BeachThe Market Common Restaurants | Shopping | Events...
- 01 Jan 2018Broadway At The Beach | Myrtle BeachBroadway At The Beach | Shop | Eat & Drink | A...